Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Another baby quilt and taggie ball

One of my great childhood friends had a little boy a few months ago. That meant another excuse for practicing my quilt making skills. This was the end result:



It was just a simple block pattern. It was pretty fast to make. The hardest part was trying to find different browns that looked good together. Some of the different browns bother me a bit but, overall, it turned out pretty cute. I think that for the next quilt i make I may try to do something a little bit more complex for the piecing. With the scraps, I decided to make a little taggie ball that that matched:



I used this pattern. I had previously made one for my baby without a pattern but it didn't turn out quite as round. The ball is super easy and is a great way to use smaller scraps.

No comments:

Post a Comment