Wednesday, March 31, 2010

electrical tape > masking tape

I tried to be like Martha (Stewart) today. I was unsuccessful. For those of you who subscribe to Martha Stewart Living, you saw the amazing eggs on the cover. For those of you unsubscribers here it is:

Dyeing eggs for Easter is my tradition. I really enjoying doing and I'm fairly good at it. So, I decided I would be like Martha. I even blew out some eggs so that I could have them out for Easter decor. I cut vinyl with my cricut to do shapes. I looked for my electrical tape but could not find it, anywhere. I decided that I would try painter's tape instead.

I decided that I would decorate my boiled eggs before doing my 'permanent' blown out eggs. However, the vinyl would not stick to the eggs. Frustrating. I'm hoping that it will stick better when the eggs are completely dry. The painter's tape worked okay but not great. It would have been fine if it stretched like electrical tape. As is, I had to form little creases to get the tape to stick to the egg's curved surface. The eggs I did this evening were mediocre. I plan on doing more tomorrow. I'll take a picture of my final products.

No comments:

Post a Comment