I had a pattern. However, I knew from the beginning I wanted things different. So, I altered the bodice, sleeves, skirt, pretty much the whole thing. I also made it a lot smaller. I'm not quite sure that pattern makers have ever seen a newborn. I took out almost 7 inches around the bodice. In the end, I ended up making and drawing an entirely new pattern. I think it turned out nicely.
Maybe I should go into business... I have been thinking about how I could make a little money from home.
If nothing else, it was nice to be able to do something nice for someone else. It also provided good practice since I've been wanting to make some dresses for my daughter.
That dress is beautiful! Bravo!
ReplyDeleteIt is beautiful. For not having sewed for so long you did so so great! You have a natural talent!
ReplyDeleteI have to admit that my eyes well welling up with tears as I viewed your post...Michelle, you will never know how much I appreciate you using your talents and spending your time on something so important to me. It is absolutely gorgeous and I can't wait to see it in person. You are amazing. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteOooo, I love it. Gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteHoly smokes Hurstikins, you are amazing. Wait, I can see that someone already wrote that. You are astounding.
ReplyDelete