I think it turned out pretty cute. Worth my dollar. In case you were wondering, I didn't win the Silhouette. There's some lingering bitterness at the contest. I'm not too surprised I didn't win. I was a little disappointed at the craft that did win. I didn't think that it was even close to the most original or best craft submitted.
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Jewelry Tree
I wanted to win a Silhouette cutter awhile back. There was a local tv contest for crafts under $5. I had been wanting to make a jewelry tree for a little while and decided this would be a good opportunity. I was inspired by a few that I found online. They were around $50 each. Mine was $1. I used a branch that had been pruned from our apple tree (free), a piece of wood that was in our shed (free, many places like Home Depot that cut lumber will give you the scraps since they just throw them away), a mirror ($1), paint, and glue (E6000 works well).
(Sorry for the slightly fuzzy picture. I'm too lazy to go get another one from the computer downstairs)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oooo, such a good idea. It looks great.
ReplyDeleteI've always wanted one of these. I may have to copy your idea.
ReplyDelete